TWO WEEKS PRIOR TO SURGERY AND TWO WEEKS FOLLOWING SURGERY
- NO VITAMIN E.
- NO aspirin or aspirin products.
- NO anti-inflammatory products (Advil, Motrin, Aleve or any ibuprofen products).
- NO ALCOHOL (very important: NO RED WINE).
- NO SMOKING or nicotine products.
- You must notify our office of ANY medications you are taking, including over the counter drugs such as cold or headache medications, nose drops, etc.
- Extra-strength Tylenol (acetaminophen) is allowed pre- and postoperatively for pain and /or fever.
- NO herbs of any kind.
- NO recreational drugs at all- EXTREMELY DANGEROUS.
- Drink 8-10 glasses of bottled water per day.
THE NIGHT BEFORE SURGERY
- Wash face and shampoo hair using Phisoderm or an antibacterial soap and shampoo.
- If instructed, take pre-op medication.
- DO NOT EAT OR DRINK anything after 11:30 p.m. except as directed by our staff.
THE DAY OF SURGERY
- Take pre-op medications as instructed.
- Remove all make-up and wash your face using an antibacterial soap before coming to the office for surgery.
- Do not use any hair spray or hair fixatives on the day of surgery.
- Do not wear contact lenses to your surgery.
- Leave valuables at home or with family members.
- Wear loose, comfortable BUTTON DOWN THE FRONT clothing. If desired, bring a scarf and sunglasses to wear when leaving our facility.
- Please arrange for someone to drive you to and from the Surgery Center on the day of your surgery.
- Make arrangements for someone to pick you up and remain with you for at least 24 hours following surgery. A FRIEND OR A FAMILY MEMBER MUST ACCOMPANY YOU WHEN YOU ARE DISCHARGED.
- DO NOT DRIVE following surgery until cleared by Dr. Daube or his staff.
- Do not sign any papers or make important decisions for 24 hours after surgery. Medications in your system may alter your judgment.