If you’d like to change the size, projection, or the shape of your chin, chin augmentation may be an option for you. Mentoplasty, or chin augmentation, is a form of surgery performed to increase the size of your chin, or to reshape it so the face appearance remains balanced. Bone reshaping is conducted to minimize the chin size whereas implantation is performed to add more volume to your chin.
Who is Eligible for Chin Augmentation?
Anyone who is unhappy with their chin’s appearance is a prospective client of chin augmentation. Many patients who seek chin augmentation are simply unhappy with the look of their chin. However, some patients choose chin augmentation to help fix the effects of trauma.
Benefits of Chin Augmentation
By opting for chin augmentation, you will enjoy many benefits such as:
- Chin augmentation reshapes any deformity on your chin and gets rid of size irregularities.
- The procedure helps you get a stronger facial profile, an occurrence that can quickly increase an individual’s confidence.
- Chin implants are customizable depending on the size and the shape you desire. A proficient facial plastic surgeon will advise you accordingly.
- Mentoplasty enhances and supplements a receding or weak chin.
- If you are not pleased with the final results of the surgery, the implant can be removed.
- Augmented chins provide symmetry to a patient’s face and boost the balance of the facial features.
- Chin augmentation is a straightforward procedure that can be performed on an outpatient basis.
Who Should Avoid Undergoing a Chin Augmentation?
No matter how beneficial chin augmentation is, this procedure is not suitable for everyone. Individuals who have long teeth and a short mandibular height are not qualified because it is hard for surgeons to establish proportionate features that suit their needs. Additionally, patients who have heart problems, are in poor health, or those using anticoagulants should never undergo this procedure.
What Are the Risks of Chin Enhancement?
Typically, chin augmentation surgery does not have any adverse effects; however, in rare cases, side effects may occur. Potential complications and risks associated with mentoplasty include:
- Continuous pain
- Displacement of implants
- Blood Pooling
- Infection of implants
- Blood clots
- Teeth damage
If you think you may be a candidate for chin augmentation, contact Gulf Coast Facial Plastics to schedule a consultation!