Are you unhappy with the size, projection, or shape of your chin? Augmentation surgery may be a medical option for you. Mentoplasty, or chin augmentation, is a form of surgery performed to increase the size of your chin or to reshape it so the face appearance becomes balanced. During the procedure, bone reshaping is conducted to minimize the chin size, whereas implantation can also be performed to add more volume to your chin.
Who is eligible for chin augmentation?
Anyone who is unhappy with their chin’s appearance is a prospective client for chin augmentation; however, some patients choose this procedure to help correct the effects of trauma on their faces.
Benefits of Chin Augmentation:
There are several benefits to this corrective surgery –
- Chin augmentation reshapes any deformity on your chin and gets rid of, or adds to, any size irregularities, which gives you either a stronger jawline or a more feminine one, depending on your preference.
- This procedure helps provide a stronger facial profile, which can increase a person’s confidence.
- Chin implants are customizable depending on the size and shape you desire. Dr. Daniel Daube, who specializes in only facial cosmetic surgery, will advise you as to what size would look best with your overall facial structure.
- If you are not pleased with the final results of the surgery, chin implants can be removed.
- Chin augmentations may be performed on an outpatient basis.
If you believe you may be a good candidate for chin augmentation surgery, contact Gulf Coast Facial Plastics to schedule a consultation.
Are you troubled by a double chin that diet and exercise will not eliminate? Do you want your face to look firmer and lifted without surgery? If you are struggling with these issues, you may be a good candidate for Kybella®. Kybella® is a nonsurgical treatment that can give you a smooth, youthful jawline.
What is Kybella®?
Kybella® is the only FDA-approved medication that is used to dissolve fat underneath the chin. Known as submental fullness, the condition is not necessarily indicative of a person’s health status or fitness level. Having excess fat in the upper neck area is most commonly caused by genetics.
The active ingredient in Kybella® is synthetic deoxycholic acid. Deoxycholic acid is a substance that occurs naturally in the body. Your body uses it to break down fat deposits. When injected into the fat under the chin, this acid helps to break up the fat and reduce fullness under the chin. It also destroys these cells so they can’t regrow.
What are the benefits of Kybella®?
Benefits of Kybella® include:
- Noticeable improvement almost immediately
- Results may be permanent
- Has little downtime and requires no incisions
- Works where diet and exercise have failed
What is involved in receiving Kybella®?
The Kybella® injection is done using a long, slender needle. You won’t experience any pain during the treatment except maybe at the spot of the incision, like any other shot. You’ll start to see dramatic improvement after just two treatments. Most people achieve the results they want in about six treatments.
If you’re interested in finding out more about Kybella®, talk to us at Gulf Coast Facial Plastics. We’ll determine whether Kybella® is right for you.