Lip augmentation is a non-surgical cosmetic procedure designed to enhance the size and shape of one’s lips. This can be helpful for those with thin lips, looking to add shape and fullness to them. Lip augmentation can also help restore volume and shape. Age and other factors can cause many people to lose volume in their lips, leaving them looking aged and wrinkled. Lip augmentation can enhance or restore a fuller shape to your lips and help you gain, or regain, those luscious lips that you desire.
There are various injectable dermal fillers used for lip augmentation, including fat, collagen, and others. During this procedure, the doctor injects the cosmetic filler into the lips until they reach a desired size and shape. The specifics on the actual lip augmentation procedure and the length of the results depend upon the type of cosmetic filler used in the procedure. Please be sure to ask your doctor about the various fillers used for lip augmentation and the specifics on how the procedure is performed.
By undergoing lip augmentation, not only can it enhance the lips, but it can also help provide balance to facial features. Women can achieve a more sensuous look and gain a boost of self-confidence in their appearance.
Pre / Post Operative Instruction For Lip Augmentation
- Apply ice to lips 2-3 times daily for the first 48 hours and keep head elevated.
- Lips will be swollen for 1-2 weeks.
- Lips will be tender, use sharp instruments such as forks carefully. You may find it necessary to cut food into small bites.
- Move and stretch lips as little as possible for one week. Avoid making extreme facial expressions for the first week.
- Clean sutures with peroxide & water solution as directed and keep lips moist by generously applying ointment.